Adjacent to the river is Jackson Square (named after Pres. Andrew Jackson) and St. Louis Cathedral. It was very typical of a European cathedral. We saw BYU fans all over. When we would see them, we'd yell out mormon words that non-mormons would get. Nephi, Family Home Evening, Doctrine and Covenants, etc. Then the mormons would look over and we'd laugh.
Right off of Jackson Square was Cafe Dumonde for beingets--fried dough with powdered sugar.
It started raining and we made our way over to the Superdome. The closer we got to the Superdome, the more BYU fans we'd see. By the time the game started there were more Cougar fans than Tulane fans. By the 4th quarter most of the Tulane fans had left. BYU won 54 to 3. There was no one stopping us from changing seats and moving locations. We were all over the place.
We spent the first half in the BYU section and then the second half at BYU's endzone. It wasn't very loud at all. We could hear the QB's call the plays. We had a great time at the game. I am glad that we won.
It was still raining after the game. We took a streetcar to another part of town for dinner. The car took us through the Garden District. This is where the old mansions and estates are. They were beautiful. Moss and ivy hung off of the old oak trees. There were puddles and ponds all over the place. The streetcars are a museum/historic site. It dropped us off at this old diner we heard about called Camellia's. It had been there since the 50s and felt like it. It was the perfect place to celebrate the victory.
2 comments:
top of the mormon to ya
I swear to you I have some of the same pictures when I went to 'Nawlins... (I try to say it cool like them). Beingets are amazing!!
Post a Comment